Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
Louisiana workers’ compensation system provides benefits to employees after they suffer a work-related injury. These benefits include the following:
- The replacement of lost wages.
- Payment of necessary medical care and procedures, including the right to choose your own doctor.
- Payment of prescription medications.
- Payment of travel expense reimbursement.
Workers’ compensation is a “no-fault” system, meaning that you are entitled to benefits regardless of what caused your injury.
Opelousas Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
At DeJean & Leger, LLC, our attorneys help injured employees navigate the complex workers’ compensation system so they can obtain the benefits they need. We want each client to leave our office feeling as if we accomplished the job for which we were hired. We take the time to get to know our clients and work closely with them throughout the entire process. You will always be represented by an attorney who has a long history of success in workers’ compensation cases, and your case will never be passed off to a less-experienced associate or paralegal.
Please schedule a free consultation by contacting our workers’ compensation lawyers online today. You may also call our firm at 337-418-9918 (toll free at 866-484-8927) to discuss your case over the phone.
Flexible appointment scheduling is available upon request.
The process of filing for workers’ compensation benefits can be confusing to anyone not familiar with this constantly changing area of the law. While each case is unique, a simplified overview of the process can help you understand what to expect after retaining our firm:
- Notification: Employees are required to notify their employer within a short time following an injury. They must note the date, location and cause of their injury.
- Officially filing a claim: Our lawyers will submit all necessary documentation to get your claim started as soon as possible.
- Medical examination: A doctor should evaluate the extent of your injuries — his or her testimony will carry a lot of weight in determining how much you are awarded in workers’ compensation benefits.
- Additional medical opinions: Depending upon the outcome of your initial examination, you or your employer’s insurance carrier might seek additional opinions.
- Approval or denial: Your claim will either be approved or denied by the insurance company. Common reasons for denial include arguing the injury resulted from a pre-existing condition, the employee is guilty of fraud or misrepresentation, or denying that the injury actually occurred on the job.
- Appeals: Workers who are denied benefits have the right to appeal and present evidence before a judge. It is vital to have an attorney represent you during an appeals hearing.
DeJean & Leger, LLC, handles a lot of workers’ compensation cases. We have become very efficient in getting our clients benefits and our past results speak for themselves. We look forward to meeting you to learn more about our situation and to share how we can help you achieve your goals.
Contact An Experienced Attorney For Work Accidents
We will meet you at a convenient location if your injuries prevent you from traveling to our office.